Wednesday, July 3, 2013

When life throws you lemons

For those who aren't aware I am battling autoimmunity and was told last week that I was in the midst of an autoimmune crisis. After 6 years of battling autoimmunity I was not thrilled to face this crisis.

I am proud to call myself a survivor. What started as a search for remission has become friendship, love and growing up (at 31 some might argue it was time!)

I have learned that life is messy ...and brilliant, gorgeous and staggering, crazy and sexy, just like my autoimmune battle.

The hardest thing to face and learn is that I am mortal, I'm gonna die, as are you, my time is limited as is yours and I refuse to use my time up by pretending to be ok. I'm not, I face daily pain , daily battles, but I will be survive.

I have made peace with my autoimmune battle and that makes it ok. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon (if i have anything to do with it, hello green smoothies and raw food), but I will no longer pretend to be ok on the bad days, i won't sugar coat my reality. Covering it up is something i have done for the last few years and definately the last 6 months. It is time to get real!

I aim to educate everyone on autoimmunity and its impact on everyday life of sufferers and their family. Love you all and I thank you for your support, prayers, positive vibes and well wishes. Your emails keep me smiling and laughing xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment